Saturday, April 12, 2014

Year 3, Day # 211 - Steak n Shake


Tonight I had a Steak n Shake Happy Meal. I wasn't in the mood to cook up a meal for myself. I don't die if I skip a meal, plus I have a few snacks in my cupboard for whenever. So instead I went for a bike ride, stopping off at Big Olaf for a Kiddie Cup of my favorite ice cream. I visited with a few people while eating the ice cream and then crossed Bahia Vista for the bike ride. Anyway I was out for a good two hour until I turned toward home. It was then that I met two other women with Victor Ada Schlabach. 
They motioned me to stop and so I did. 
They asked me if I had supper? 
No, I didn't have supper.
 They asked me if I am hungry? 
Yes, I was. 
They asked me if I want something to eat? 
I hesitated and so they told their story.
The three went out to eat. 
They met a girl sitting on the curb at Wal-Mart.
The girl was homeless and hungry. 
The ladies said they will get her something to eat.
The homeless girl wanted a hamburger with mustard.
They went and bought her a Happy Meal.
When they returned to give it to her, the girl was nowhere to be found.
So the three women went out looking for another hungry girl.
They found me.
I was that girl. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! The right place and the right time. (And the right burger. ;) )

    ReplyDelete