Thursday, July 23, 2015

#65 The Gunny Sack Gang

 This is the one side of the stage at Penn station in Arthur Illinois. Not everyone that was on stage is in the pictures as each player comes and goes. Seated on the left is Ed Herschberger. Two of his sons are ion the left. I don't know if I ever met Ed's parents while visiting Bloomfield, but I knew of them while I lived in Aylmer Ontario, because the David Wagler family had moved from Aylmer to Bloomfield.  So the Aylmerites kept a good eye on the Bloomfield happenings during those years.  But anyway I knew of his family, the Monroe Herschbergers, plus Ed's two oldest brothers were one of the six in Ira Wagler's book "Growing Up Amish." 

 The bottom picture is the opposite side, with the dancing couple. 
I sat in the front row between Fred's two sisters and so I had the best view. At least two of the songs were in honor of Fred's sisters in the front row. Actually the second song was in honor of all the ladies in the front row, so that included myself and a few other ladies than just Fred's sisters.  

I so much enjoyed last evening. Thanks you again to the Helmuth Siblings for inviting me and taking good care of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment